Cruise: Royal Caribbean
Name of the cruise: Legends of the seas
Stay: Two days two nights stay
I never thought that cruising can be so much of fun. Before cruising I did lot of research on cruising I find some good stuff but not in detail so I thought why not post something in detail for the people who are cruising for the first time. I seriously can’t explain how much fun we had cruising with royal Caribbean (legend of the seas). I never felt like coming back. We never felt like we are on sea for all these two days.
One of my best trips ever
Today I will be sharing everything about cruising.
What to pack
For the first day of your cruise, pack a small carry-on bag with your travel documents, a change of clothes, bathing suit, workout clothes, and any medications you may need. That way you don't have to wait for your checked bags to arrive in your stateroom. I remember I was playing golf in my heels as our luggage didn’t arrive on time.
On Board attire
Shorts, t-shirts, slacks, trousers, casual skirts, blouses and sundresses are all perfect during the day, whether indoors or out.
Lounging by the pool
Pack two bathing suits (an extra suit in case the other is wet) and a pair of casual shoes (e.g., flip-flops, sandals, sneakers). You'll also need some casual shorts and a couple of t-shirts or a cover-up for getting to and from the pool areas.
If you're planning to visit on-board fitness centre, be sure to bring extra shorts, t-shirts and socks that you won't mind working out in - plus a pair of tennis or running shoes/sneakers.
First check out the dress code for your cruise! How many days you are going and how many nights you are going to spend.
Dress code types Dinner
- Casual (Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women)
- Smart Casual (Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women)
- Formal (Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women)
- I would say especially for ladies that you do packaging for complete outfit which should include (your dress, your inners (as you all know every dress needs different things), accessories, shoes, stoles or jackets (depends on weather) and your makeup like eyeshadow or eyeliners.
- Don’t forget to pack Spanx
- Pack as much heels as you can coz whole cruise is having carpets everywhere and it’s so easy to walk on carpet with heels on.
- Your shades
- For formal nights bling it on ladies I feel those yellow lights in dining area are made for us.
- If you have Chanel, louboutins or Prada this is the time to flaunt it
Food and Drinks
- Head waiter will help you decide the menu if you don’t understand anything in menu. Yeah it usually happens however he will guide you with the best dish on menu he will suggest you some good wines. We ordered one white wine half we had first day and they preserved half for second day that was really awesome.
|Romeo and Juliet Dining|
|Windjammer casual dining on deck 9 Image courtesy: celebrate.com|
- Make your cruise vacation even better by reserving one of beverage packages. Choose from fountain soda, juice and bottled water packages. We got one package for 4$ unlimited cola and we got one really cute bottle with it which we forgot on cruise :(
- For breakfast, Lunch and Dinner check out pamphlets which you will get in your stateroom for timings of each restaurant. Reach on time or else you will not get your favorite dish.
- If you want to order food in your stateroom you can order it coz it’s free however on our cruise it was chargeable from midnight to 5am.
|Way to your stateroom|
- If you want to celebrate someone’s b-day just let your head waiter know and they all will sing jingle for that special person on his/her special day.
- For cafes and all check out opening and closing timings.
- On last day of dining all waiters, head waiter, head chef, executive chef gather together and sing some songs for us that moment was really fantastic so u better switch on your camera or handy cam to capture these precious moments and by applauding for their services and food we said thank you.
|Farewell time Image courtesy - Traveler folio|
- On our last day we got four envelops for tips RC is having their tips policy per day per person some US$ so we have to tip them accordingly.
- You can give them cash in envelope or you can fill one form and pay them by your sea pass card which is connected to your credit card.
- As we were not having US$ on board we opted for form filling. You get policy paper and form in your stateroom.
Shows and entertainment
- For shows come 15 minutes early and reserve front seat. So that you can enjoy your show to the fullest.
|Image courtesy: free travel talk.com Mini theater for evening shows and movies|
- Take camera and handycam with you coz they have some really entertaining shows in the evening which you can’t miss.
- On last day everybody who is involved in entertainment activities on board like director and singers, performers all gather on stage so take your camera with you.
- Don’t miss orchestra if you are with your lover you must attend orchestra show or piano show. They are magical.
- If you don’t like rush try to go casino when it opens RC casino used to open at 4.oo pm Coz after dinner you will see everybody is using their luck on board. For beginners I am sharing one link with you to understand basic games.
- There are live bands, Line dancing, Salsa classes, Karaoke. You will get day planner for all the activities going around on cruise with timings and deck number. Don’t miss these activities they are so much of fun.
- There are quiz shows, cake decoration competition, Disco nights and various other activities.
Things you can do on cruise
- On our cruise we were having Mini golf, shuffle board, Jogging track,Fitness center, Rock climbing, Table tennis, Mahjong room and Library n Movies
|That's me playing in heels as our luggage didn't arrive|
- Or you can just relax in pool or Jacuzzi, or take spa (the best time to take spa is when everybody is on shore excursion) you can get down for excursion but you have to come early and you will easily get your spa appointment coz everybody will be busy in excursion.
|Pool on deck -9|
- You can shop on-board. On our cruise last day all products were on sale. For 25 US$ we were getting a watch necklace and earrings. Huge crowd gathered on last day in shopping area. You can get good brands on boards, Dior, Chanel, Guess etc…
- Click as much pics as you can on board and later that evening your pics you can collect from photo gallery. These pics are very expensive. For one pic we paid 19US$. But it’s ok now we have memory for lifetime. You can click portrait pics also. For some photos you get some discount on our cruise if you buy two photos you get photo frame free of 20$ and frame was really good.
- When you receive your daily planner just tick on things you need to do on that day.
- Don’t forget the cruise tour which is usually held on first day.
- Staterooms of RC are very good with everything on place. They have dressing table, chair, lots of drawers, Television, Telephone, Hair dryer, Wardrobe, mini sofa, table, locker which you can open only with your sea pass card, centralized AC and the best thing was 24 hours hot water.
- Your house keeping staff will come on first day and he will let you know everything about your stateroom. From switching on lights to shower
- First day we were having drill if in case of emergency which was really good. On second day drill was only for staff. RC makes sure of your safety first.
Sea Pass Card
- The time you enter cruise you get a sea pass card which you have to use while shopping, in restaurant or anywhere on boards. Your door lock opens with your sea pass cards so know you know the importance of sea pass card.
- We have connected our sea board pass to our credit card. There are other options available which you can check with your cruise line.
- It will be better if you checkout cruise website for travel documents.
- If you are cruising for first time I will suggest go for more than 2 nights stay we misunderstood things and we opted for 2 nights.
- While taking pictures try panoramic view coz cruises are so huge that we cant take pictures of whole pool deck or lobby in one klick.
- Always keep some cash with you.
- If you are a couple check out your dining flexibility coz sometimes cruises adjust two people with other group. Its nice to know new people however some people like you have their own privacy. Check the cruise line with dining flexibility. we were lucky enough to get individual table.
- Cruising is best for families and kids so next time I will be cruising with my family.
|Thats our cruise - Legend of the seas|
Hope you all like my post….